Tuesday 22 November 2011

Long time no speak...

Hey guys,
I'm really sorry that I havnt posted in a couple of weeks everythings been really crazy. When I say crazy I mean awesome crazy like Elisha and the bear....

Since last posting I have been away to SLC, been ill and made a whole load of friends :)

SLC= Student Leadership Conference
It is a week long camp for students that are part of TSCF groups in universitys across NZ and the world. The best way to describe is like an SU camp for students; so much fun. Made friends from acros the whole of Nz, from Dunedan right up to Auckland.
In my group the lectures we had were entitled "Bible overview" and we made our way through from Genesis to Revelation. In many ways it was similar to what Jonny did with us at Nytlyf last year (the 22 chapters of the bible) except we did all of it in 4 days!!
The food was great, the banter was great, spent loads of time worshipping God, learning about Him. In the evenings after the events a whole load of us would crowd into one room which wasnt much bigger than the small hall with the particians up and Play werewolves!

NYTLYF!!!!! you will love werewolves, its like a slightly more complicated version of mafia but its great because it means so many more people get to join in apart from just the doctor, detective and mafia! it is AWESOME :)

The week really challenged me in terms of my life and my faith and was an experience i look forward to repeating at the midyear conference a week before i leave in July...

No comments:

Post a Comment