Friday 6 January 2012

Roadtrip part 1....



So way back at SLC a group of us decided to do a road trip at New Years up to Stony Bay in the Corimandel Peninsula and usually these plans don't actually come to happen however this one did :D

So on the 28th I left Napier and went on a bus to Danneverk and met my friend Kerry.
Kerry and I then drove down from Danneverk to Wellington.

Palmerston North: We stopped in Palmerston North for lunch, we went touristy shopping and had a look around the Uni area and a general wander. I really do love exploring new places, it's really fun just looking around cities seeing the hustle and bustle; especially when exploring with a friend because you get to see someones home city through their eyes which often tends to be more colourful...

We left Palmy and drove South towards Wellington and then onto Lower Hutt, my home.
I had one night in my house then I was off again. I did however sit for 3 hours and downsize my case... I did still take my big case it just had slightly less stuff in it and more camp stuff such as jackets and sleeping bag. There is an interesting story behind my sleeping bag; I don't have my sleeping bag with me in NZ because simply I didn't have enough space so for the road trip I asked the family that I live with if I could borrow theirs. The problem was however that they were going off on a family camping trip before I returned so they only sleeping bag they had was a kids one....
A Thomas the tank engine sleeping bag.

The next morning I was picked up at 9.30am well actually I wasn't that was the plan but Val took it as we had to get up at half 9 so I got picked up 10.30am. I didn't complain though, the longer I had to sleep the better.

So when I had negotiated my big case into the minivan the road trip began.....





Then came the great coke incident of 2011..





As Val passed me my can of coke and I went to receive it, it was that moment of in the relay race where somewhere in transaction it falls, well the coke fell and went wooooosh and flew all over the car in my automatic saving reactions I closed the laptop bag [genius] however everything got covered so we had to stop and dry everything. This was the reason for our first stop on the road :]




We stopped at an American style diner for lunch somewhere along the road and picked up Matthew...




After that we drove onto Wanganui and picked up Meredith, her house is so cool they had two lizards which we got to hold :D I love reptiles, they are my favourite animals...
We had cake and coffee there and then drove on stopping to admire views on the way.

We were staying that first night in Taupo so on the way up we stopped at the Lake. On the shore was a bench called "the seat of Knowledge" perfect photo opportunity :P

That night the 5 of us stayed in Matthews family batch. So on our first night of camping we stayed in warm beds and sat at a dining room table and were very civilised. In the evening we played card games until we went to bed...

Was a fun day... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment