Thursday 19 January 2012

Roadtrip part 3...























So straight on the second morning of the new year we packed up the tent took some goodbye pics and then split into the two cars, Jono, Matthew and I in the skyline and the others in Kerry's van.

We left around ten and drove back up then down the horrible gravel road we met up in the Corimandel and there was a Keltic fair, being Scottish since when did Celtic get spelt Keltic?

Anyway it was a beautiful sunny day and the town was packed. The others said goodbye but we stopped to have a look around.. It was really fun, I got candy floss and we had chips and wandered all the stalls. Listened to the pipe band and just had a laugh... Was really good.

After we drove on for a bit longer and stopped again at a hot pools beach... unfortunately the tide was in but it was so warm and sunny just paddling and walking along the sand was enough :]

We continued on driving down the east coast and then the boys told me when should go to Cathedral cove... Now they told me it would be like a ten minute walk, now I'm very much a city girl and unless there's shops at the end I see the walk slightly pointless... But the boys persueded me it was short and would be totally worth it. I reluctantly agreed and we got the bus to the path and then started walking... It took half an hour and it was uphill and really hot, there's a beach my mum and dad took me to when I was wee and I just remember walking for ages and ages to get there but when we got there it was totally worth it.

And just like when I was wee Cathedral Cove was amazing and totally worth it. We walked along the shore, went through the cave and then because it was so hot Jonno and I went swimming, I went in my dress :D The walk back seemed shorter but eughy because we were wet. Ok I hand it to the boys, it was totally worth it and I apologize for my gurning all the way there ;]

We heard this quote on the way there which was really weird...

'Is she still alive, ok right, just hit her over the head again then'

What????

It was late afternoon at this stage so we sped along to Whangamata to see my old boss and friend Wendy. We had dinner at an Indian and then went round to see her. It was really nice catching up on all the news from home and from work... We stayed for about an hour and I got to call my parents which is always nice :]



After being at Wendy's we drove on to Auckland for the beginning of my exciting week....

No comments:

Post a Comment