Tuesday 14 February 2012

Auckland....









The rest of my week in Auckland was fun :)


On one day Jono and I drove down to Pirongia to see my family, Dad's cousin, his wife and kids live here in NZ which is pretty cool and Ive never met them before. We had a really lovely drive down and then spent the afternoon with them. We had a lovely lunch and spent time just chatting about family and our lives. As a family they are very into horse and they own 2 so I got to go riding, I rode a beautiful white grey horse. We went on a trek up the hill, Jono walked the dog with Micheal. It was fun just riding again, trotting and cantering over the hills. Late afternoon we left and drove back up the road to Auckland.

On my last day in Auckland I did something that i never in my life thought Id do but before that we went to Kelly Tarltons which is like sea world... It was so cool; we saw starfish, sharks, seahorses, penguins, turtles, flatfish and many more beautiful sea animals. There was a really cool turtle that kinda just floated along letting us take pictures and posing for them :P

After being at Kelly Tarltons we drove over the Auckland Harbour bridge and parked at the bridge bungee centre... We registered then hung around for a while getting more and more nervous. They then spoke us through all the safety requirements and we signed for our lives. Next we put on harnesses and helmets and started dour ascent up the bridge...

Jono and I were terrified but we braved on thinking that it'll soon be over!

I don't think i have ever been so scared in my life but as i walked onto the platform and the guy held my hand and whispered "You'll be ok" I panicked and said "I dont want to do this anymore!!!" But by that point it was too late and I was pushed over the edge...

Best and worst most amazingly scary experience of my life. Id never ever do it again but Im glad I did it because now I can say I did a bungee jump!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment