Sunday 6 May 2012

Teaching...

Sorry for the rareness of my blogging, I think of things all the time and 'oo I can write that in my blog and then I never do.' So now I am...

I'm now teaching and leading worship on Sunday mornings. I did the teaching a couple of weeks ago and the did it again today. I felt this morning went a lot better than last time.
I'd written and designed it myself, I felt a lot more confident, I knew it off by heart, I felt that what I was saying was what God wanted me to and it included Veggytales.

The passage I was teaching on was Daniel 3, the story of Shadrach, Mescach and Abednigo in the fiery furnace. It's such a great story of these 3 guys who had such faith in God they were willing to die for Him.

I showed some pics of some statues and linked it to how King N in the story went really crazy and built a massive gold statue of himself.
I found a great 6 minute clip of the veggytales adaptation of the story, which I decided to base my talk around.
Just as an add on I used to watch veggytales as a wee one and every time I think about I always think about my Dad singing, 'Oh where is my hairbrush...'

I watched a clip of the video and then explained what happened in the Bible and asked the kids what they think might happen and what they would do in that situation. It was interesting to see what the kids thought. There was some really good answers.

At the end I talked about how regardless of the situation if you stand up for what you believe is right then people can see God through you.

It was a fun talk to do and I think that the kids enjoyed it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment