Tuesday 29 May 2012

Change of plans...

So it's funny how quickly life can change in such a short space of time. My time in New Zealand is almost over...

A fortnight ago I had my fortnightly check up with my orthopaedic surgeon who told me that my arm hadn't healed fully. The x-ray showed that its still broken and the only thing holding it together is the metal plates. Theres a gap between the two bones that in this time they had expected to heal together approx 2cm gap. So the the doctor has decided that I need to have another operation. So it has been booked for the 14th June in Hutt Hospital, New Zealand. In the operation they plan to do a bone graph and take some bone from my right hip, approx a thumbs length and place it into the gap in my left arm.

So this was news I wasn't expecting. I had to make some tough decisions as to how I wanted to end my year. I had many choices but along with my parents and others I came to a decision.

I finished work on Sunday at the church, I will spend the next fortnight travelling round the country returning home to hutt in time for my operation. Spend a few days in hospital and then three weeks in Napier with the McCrorys in Hastings. With the plan to head home to Inverness in the first week of July.

My year hasn't gone the way I expected but it still has been amazing and I've felt Gods guidance and protection through it all. I'm really going to miss alot of people here.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment