Monday 9 July 2012

Operation and recovery...

On thursday the fourteenth of June I was picked up early by Ailsa who drove me to the hospital, we went in and I got a canula put in and a bed cause I started feeling feint. I actually slept all morning untill I was taken into surgery at twelve. The surgery went well, they reopened my arm and my right hip. Took a chunk of bone and put it into my arm. When I woke up, Luke and Ailsa were there. I dozed in and out of consciousness but it felt nice knowing they were there. I was on a drip for the next twenty four hours and was let out of hospital on Saturday lunch time. Graeme picked me up and we drove to Hastings, it was so nice being back at the McCrorys, that house to me feels like a second home. I get on so well with Duncan and Carys and Lysbeth and Graeme are so awesome.

I basically spent three weeks chilling out, watching tv, hanging out with family and eating lots of apples. It was really  nice having the space to recover because I was really sore. Some of my highlights were; Duncans apple pie, it was sooo amazing, getting the new kitten, Dougall, seeing Becky and Sara, spending the day with my friend Kerry and spending time with the McCrorys.

I was very sad leaving them, Im not quite sure when I'll see them again but hopefully it won't be too long. They were so good to me I'll never forget it. I got a bus back to Wellington and that brings me to Tuesday, today.

This morning I got up at three thirty am in order to be at the airport for four am. Luke and Ailsa drove me to the airport. I hate saying goodbye, Ill never forget all that the Pollocks have done for me and I'm so grateful. It won't be long till I see Luke again since he's following me over to Scotland in two days and I'm looking forward to spending time with him when I get home.

So right now I'm sitting in Sydney airport after waiting for 6 hours already and one more till I board. Thanks to the operation I get priority boarding which is pretty sweet. So yeah, I can't wait to get home. I will blog again when I get home.

Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment