Monday 9 July 2012

Sydney...

I arrived in Sydney late at night and was met off the plane by my parents friend Rita, when Mum and Dad backpacked round the world Rita took them in and they stayed for a month. She really looked after them and my parents remembered her very fondly so I was quite excited to meet her. She was really lovely and since it was late we went back to her house and had soup for tea.

The next morning we went out early and drove all around the city. I was so excited the whole time couldnt stop smiling, seeing everything that i'd learnt about when I was wee, seeing the bridge and the opera house. For lunch we went to Bondi beach, that was really exciting. It was soo sunny, we sat and watched the surfers. Lunch was in a nice restaurant I ordereed a prawn salad thinking Id have a nice light lunch but I got a massive plate full of salad and four prawns. Tasted delicious but there was sooo much of it I had to take it away for afternoon tea, later it was still delicious.

That evening Rita dropped me off in central station so I could go and stay with my friends the Bemrose's. Chris came and did a gap year in Hilton church when I was young, similar to what I just did in NZ and I was really looking forward to seeing him and Jo and meeting his kids.
They met me at the station and we walked down to the harbour. There was a big lights show on on all the famous buildings, it was so cool. There was a really great atmosphere and it was really fun wandering around with the Bemroses, taking photos, seeing the sights and getting to know the kids.

The next day we went to the blue mountains, we went on the cable car across a gorge. I was slightly scary because it was a glass bottom but it was really beautiful. You could see hundreds of miles of bush and there was a really pretty waterfall that seemed to fall for miles. The other thing was a train that went down a hill at a forty five degree angle, it was really scary but at the same time totally awesome. At the bottom there was a wooden walkway that described how the mountains were used for coal mining. That's a job I couldn't do, way too dangerous and claustrophobic. We went back up the emountain by a skyway car, it was really cool but it swung a bit in the wind.

On the way home we stopped off at a chocolate shop, it was sooo tasty. Chris and I shared this massive ice-cream sundae and I bought some refreshers cause I hadn't seen them anywhere over here.
That night we watched Finding Nemo, I love little children they have awesome movies that I havn't seen in year. The next day we watched Beauty and the Beast, loved it.

The next day was Sunday and it was so sunny. We went to church and then had a lazy Sunday afternoon. That evening it started pouring with rain however Jo and I braved it to go
to Hillsong church. I enjoyed it but tbh it was too showy for me, it was more like a concert than a church with dancers and choir and I didn't find the preaching that great however the experience was awesome and I'm glad I went.

I'm so glad I went to Australia. It was totally worth it and I got to see some old friends and make new ones. Also I fulfilled a childhood dream of seeing the bridge and the opera house.

The next day we went shopping and watched more movies. I flew home that evening, it was late and I had to get a taxi back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment